Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Final: The Questions


1. If I want to take photos for my online catalogue at a public park, would I need permission?
-Any time you publish a photo used for sale, you do have to get permission. The only time you do not need to, is when you own the premises. 

2. Do my vendors have the right to raise prices on me on their products even after a contract has been signed?
-They do simply because they are the ones selling it, they could bring up material costs, taxes, and other issues.

3. There has been an occasion where in our merchandise has been shipped to another store by mistake and they opened our invoice, can we sue them for that?
-You may definitely do so because the products were not theirs to begin with, especially for opening an invoice that did not belong to them.

"In connection with criticism of or commenting on the work, in the course of news reporting, for teaching purposes, or as a part of scholarship or research activity.” 


4. My store policy states that if the tags are taken off the clothing, they cannot be returned. Can customers still demand their money back?
-If the store policy was verbally stated and clarified, they can no longer demand their money back. There has to be proof that the policy was given.

5. If I need to break my lease for my store, do they have the right to hold my merchandise ?
-Only until you pay the fees. They do however have the right to sue you for breaking the lease.

6. If theft has occurred in my store and the thief was not captured, how can we regain our lost funds?
-If your company is insured then you would be able to claim it through insurance, however beyond that, the thief is responsible.

7. If internal theft was occurring at my store, what is the legal way of pursuing action against this employee ?
-There would need to be proof before taking any legal action.

 “Trademark infringement is the unauthorized use of a trade mark or service mark on competing or related goods and services.”



8. If another online catalogue steals my photos, what actions am I allowed to take?
-If you own the rights to these photos you are able to sue them.

9. If a customer damages clothing while trying it on, can we require them to pay for it?
-If there was a clear statement of that policy, then you may. Otherwise the company has no right to do so.

10. If a vendor gets in trouble for copying a design on merchandise and we are selling that product, would we get pulled into the situation as well?
All that merchandise would be pulled out of your store and it would be up to the vendor and you to settle the loss of profits.


All these questions were very important to me because they related to my major. Even though he was very short with me and very conscious of his time, I was still able to retrieve a lot of information I did not know before. We covered plenty legal issues yet he never really went into detail. Nonetheless, I was still happy I got to talk to him, especially in person.
"Nondisclosure agreements should be used whenever it is necessary to disclose marketing, evaluation, or fiscal backing. Through theconscientious use of non disclosure agreements, trade secrets can be distributed to a relatively large number of people without destroying their protected status"





No comments:

Post a Comment